Pucker Up in Private

Whoever engages in public displays of affection in the hallways at Free State needs to stop immediately. I don’t want to see a girl and “her boo” sucking one another’s face while I am trying to get to my Spanish III class. I’m only a sophomore; however, I can already tell that my years at Free State are going to be long.
Everyone has the one pet peeve they just cannot stand to see, and when I see PDA it makes me cringe right on the spot. I don’t care about everyone else’s love lives, and I can guarantee about 90 percent of my peers would agree with me. Stop making you and your significant other look absolutely disgusting.
Some students don’t even want to come to school in the first place, let alone come to school to see two strangers swapping spit. Being new to Free State, I understand there is going to be sexual tension between students, but come on, guys. Try to keep Free State classy instead of trashy.
Let’s think about PDA of how students would feel if their English teacher and their math teacher were fondling each other in the cafeteria. They would feel the exact same way teachers and other students feel when we see people swapping spit with their boyfriend or girlfriend.
According to the student handbook and assistant principle Ted Berard, there is no policy against PDA at Free State. There should not be a “punishment” for PDA, but there should definitely be a policy on it. Without enforcement, students will continue to engage in such repugnant behavior.
When I look back on my high school years, I want to see all the good memories of laughing and joking around with my friends — not the memories of walking down the main hallways and hearing couples moaning and groaning while making out.
Every time I see a guy and a girl making out, I wonder why they feel the need to do it at school. We are all old enough to know what is socially acceptable and what is not, but clearly some of us haven’t gotten to that stage yet.
Until our school, or even our district, gets a policy on PDA, I will not shut up about it. I’m tired of seeing these disgusting actions in my high school, where I am supposed to feel comfortable.