Fashion Forward: Women’s Fashion

I can’t say that I really paid a lot of attention to what women wore until writing this piece. However, walking through the hallways lately, I’ve noticed that girls pay much more attention to how others perceive them than to how comfortable they are and what they enjoy wearing.
This doesn’t speak for all, but as a guy, I’d much rather feel relaxed in a jacket and jeans.
One thing is for sure: if I had to care about what I wore to school every day, I probably wouldn’t make it in this world. As for girls, it seems to be a ritual.
I always wonder who starts fashion trends, and why they are followed so religiously. It’s as though the person wearing the clothes determines what others wear.
I’m convinced that a girl forgot a skirt and just wore leggings to school one day, and then everyone decided it was the cool thing to do. Apparently yoga pants and leggings are just the thing now, and everyone has a different opinion on the seemingly small issue.
I for one don’t mind the trend at all, and I say keep it up. However, every person should know what they can pull off, and what they can’t.
I think the North Face and Uggs era is slowly ending, and I could not be any happier. It just gets old seeing everyone you know wearing the exact same thing. It got to the point where you were inferior if you didn’t wear that magic combination.
A person’s eyes are drawn to things that really stand out, so trying to fit in isn’t always the best tip.
There are many ways to be a stand out, and telling you how to be unique is taking away from the point. You can go the route of taking random things from your closet and putting them together into one crazy outfit. You can also just go shopping for things you don’t necessarily see others wearing, but you can see yourself in.
Even though I recommend trying to be cozy and complacent, it really is fantastic when girls try hard to look good. But be careful, because there’s a difference between the looks you’ll get with an attractive outfit and a “Your parents were cool with that?” getup.
It’s difficult to categorize a girl’s fashion sense, because there seems to be a broad range. Some people can be offended when you recognize them as “this type of person”.
Girls will dress like a complete hipster one day, with their corduroys, flannel and tie, and the day after they’re wearing a hoodie, jeans and boots. The next day they’ll be in high heels and a mini dress.
Okay, that never really happens, but you get my point.
Guys have their interests and girls have theirs. Fashion just happens to be more for the ladies. The most important thing is to look the way that makes you feel attractive and comfortable.