SPORTS: Draft Day

As the NFL Draft approaches, new rankings and projections are revealed
Chloe Cook
Archived photo from Chloe Cook

The first round of the NFL Draft is set to take place April 25, 2024 and will be hosted by Campus Martius Park and Hart Plaza in Detroit, Michigan. 

University of Southern California star quarterback, junior Caleb Williams, is projected first overall to the Chicago Bears, followed by two other quarterbacks. Sophomore Drake Maye from University of North Carolina is projected to be drafted by the Washington Commanders and Michigan Junior quarterback J.J. McCarthy is projected to be drafted by the New England Patriots.

From the University of Kansas, offensive lineman Dominick Puni and defensive end Austin Booker have completed the NFL Scouting Combine in preparation of the draft in early March. Puni is predicted to go in the third round of the NFL Draft, and Booker is projected to be drafted much earlier, sitting at pick No. 45, the middle of the second round. 

From Kansas State University, senior offensive lineman Cooper Beebe is projected in the first or second round and senior offensive lineman KT Leveston is projected to be a late round pick. Defensive end Khalid Duke is projected to be drafted in the fourth or fifth round and tight end Ben Sinnott is projected to be drafted in the mid to late third round. 

The countdown to the NFL Draft has begun and fans are waiting with anticipation to see who their favorite team will draft.