FEATURE: Valentines Day Gift Guide

FEATURE: Valentines Day Gift Guide
Design by Kouri Demelash

As easy as it is to get caught up in our daily lives, Valentine’s Day is the perfect opportunity to show those we love how much we care. While gift-giving isn’t everyone’s “love language,” a little something surely won’t go unnoticed. Here’s a guide to finding the perfect gift for your nearest and dearest that won’t break the bank.

• Chocolate or their favorite candy. You really can’t go wrong with a little sweet treat and it’s a perfect gift for anyone, romantic or platonic.
  • A handmade card. While store-bought cards are also lovely gestures, a handmade card is much more thoughtful and considerate.
  • Customized vinyl or CD. This is perfect for a music lover and shows you pay attention to what kind of music they like. You could put songs that mean a lot to the two of you or just songs that remind you of them.
  • Flowers. Another gift that anyone will appreciate. While roses are the typical Valentine’s Day flower, you could also branch out to something different to switch it up a bit.
  • Lego flowers. Unlike real flowers, they last forever. They’re more on the pricey side, but they are a fun activity to do together, and there are lots of different sets to choose from.
  • A cologne/perfume. This one can be a little risky because scents are difficult to choose for someone other than yourself. But, if you know them well enough, it shouldn’t be a problem.
  • Jewelry. A simple good quality necklace or bracelet is a very thoughtful gift as long as you know whether they prefer gold or silver. You could get something with their initials on it, or even a little heart. Bonus points if you get yourself something to match them.
  • A gift basket. These are super easy and fun to put together, and you can make it as cheap/expensive as you want. It’s a great way to include a bunch of their favorite things in one gift.