REVIEW: The Scoop on Dirty Dough

New cookie store “Dirty Dough” opens Nov. 17 on Wakarusa and Bob Billings
Lilly Wall
The franchise, Dirty Dough, made its opening on Nov 17. Off of Bob Billings, the business sits next to Subway. They offer many different flavors of warm, gooey cookies.

Dirty Dough, an innovative cookie store on Wakarusa and Bob Billings, had its grand opening on Nov. 17. Since starting in 2020 in a college dorm, the franchise has opened 21 stores since. The franchise knows what’s on the inside is what counts; their six cookies are each filled with unique fillings.

Focusing on the inside and giving back to the community, the franchise is offering grants to elementary through high schoolers to make classrooms into mental health spaces, an amazing cause to support by purchasing a cookie.

Walking into the store, I was greeted by the employees who took me through the menu. There are six regular menu cookies along with the two weekly specials. The cookies were warm with fresh toppings and cost twenty one dollars making each cookie between three and four dollars, not a bad price for the size of the cookies.

The stuffed chocolate chip cookie was a great chocolate chip cookie, but wasn’t anything too innovative, a great option for chocolate chip cookie lovers and a 7/10.

The brookie is a brownie with a cookie on the inside topped with caramel drizzle. It was very flavorful and the caramel was a flavorful touch making it a 7.5/10.

The reverse is an inside out peanut butter cup or a peanut butter cookie filled with chocolate fudge and topped with chocolate and peanut butter drizzle and a chocolate peanut butter crumble. It was fudgy and the flavors compliment each other making it a 9/10.

The oatmeal raisin is gluten free and a classic oatmeal cookie filled with raisins. While it was an overall good cookie in both texture and taste, it wasn’t the most innovative option making it a 6/10 for me.

The Raspberry Toaster Tart is an iced sugar cookie filled with raspberry jam. The texture was nice and the flavor of the raspberry jam was a nice way to make a plain sugar cookie more interesting giving it an 8/10.

Cookies and cream is a vanilla cookie with Oreo and white chocolate chips filled with a creme filling topped with a vanilla drizzle and Oreos. This cookie’s texture and taste was delicious, but if you’re wanting it for the Oreo flavor, it’s not too authentic giving it an 8.5/10.