BREAKING NEWS: Schedule Change

Significant schedule change in effect after spring break
Schedule that was sent out to teachers this morning on March 7. Teachers were informed of the schedule change at 10:52 p.m. March 6.

A new schedule was announced on Thursday, March 7 that will take over the rolling seven schedule. Following Spring Break, students will have zero through seventh hour every school day, with early release on Wednesday and ECT removed from the schedule. Zero hour will not take place on Wednesdays.

On March 6 at 10:52 p.m., teachers and faculty members received an email from Principal McAnarney stating the schedule change would go into effect when Spring Break ends, starting on March 18. 

All classes will be shortened to 52 minutes to accommodate the new schedule, with no time added to the end of the day. Lunch will take place during fifth hour every day.

The schedule was remodeled because of unfulfilled state requirements; school faculty aims to make up missed time from the four snow days that took place at the beginning of the semester. 

Combined with time missed for inclement weather and parent-teacher conferences at the beginning of the year, the school fell short of meeting the required 1,116 instructional hours. April 15, which was blocked out in case of snow days, and May 21, an original half day for finals, will now become full school days.

“Students have built their whole lives around the school schedule. And then now that they change it, we’re going to have to refigure how we do everything,” junior Gage Monse said.

More information will be sent out to teachers and families in the days to come.