Encore Profiles

“I haven’t had any type of social life for about two weeks, and that’s not a joke,” junior Addison McCauley said.

With Encore coming up in March, this singer has devoted himself to getting everything ready to go for one of the biggest events of the school year.

“I grew up here, so I’ve been to every show since I was three,” McCauley said. “It’s something I’ve always dreamed to do, to be a part of.”

McCauley was a part of 15 different groups prior to auditions, one of those being a solo, singing “The Luckiest.”

“Every time I get the chance alone, I put in my iPod and listen to the song,” McCauley said. “I listen to the mini file and just practice.”

Now that auditions are over and the list is out, he is focusing on what songs got into the show and working hard to make them the best.

Songs that he will be a part of include: “Another One Bites the Dust,” “Take it Easy,” “Renegade,” “Boondocks,” “Go Where You Wanna Go,” “Down Under,” “Fix You,” and “Marry You.”

His solo, “The Luckiest,” didn’t make it into the show, but he’s happy with the songs that did.

“I’m pretty psyched about all of them,” he said. “The judges know what songs sounded good with the show and I wouldn’t change a thing.”

Senior Jevan Bremby is looking forward to the final outcome of the show, but he also enjoys all the steps that lead up to the final performance.

“It’s a great way to get to know people and perform the activity that I love,” Bremby said.

During auditions, a performance can be dealt with in different ways.

“When you crash and burn with a solo, it sucks,” Bremby said. “But if you crash and burn as a group, you can make fun of it and move on.”

Singers have seen the master list of songs, and Bremby will be taking part in seven:  “Another One Bites the Dust,” “Jessie’s Girl,” “Marry You,” “Fix You,” and a solo, “Nature Boy.”

Bremby is also a part of Chamber Choir, which will be singing “ Georgia On My Mind” and “Let’s Do It (Let’s Fall in Love).”

“I think this show will be memorable for sure. No one should walk away from this show without having a song or two stuck in their head, or an ‘oh my god’ moment,” he said. “It will be talked about.”

Junior Sidney Newlin has been committing her time to preparing for Encore, getting home late from rehearsals and giving up parts of her social life.

“I’ve done about 18 hours a week for rehearsals,” Newlin said.

The song list has been put out, and Newlin is a part of five songs: “Boondocks,” “Twist and Shout,” “Don’cha” and “Hold On, Only Prettier.” She will also be backing up a solo for senior Mary Soderberg in “Set Fire to the Rain.”

Although she didn’t get all ten of her songs in the show, she’s still happy with the the six that did.

“I wouldn’t trade any of my songs, everyone works so hard and you can tell by the outcome.”

Excitement is building with each passing week, and Newlin is looking forward to performing for her fellow students, teachers and parents.

“The show this year is going to be great. There is so much talent, especially from our senior class,” Newlin said. “And I think us juniors have done a good job of figuring out how everything goes.”