FEATURE: Ramen Reboot

Ramen Bowls’ bigger and better location
With+a+bigger+location+comes+a+bigger+kitchen%2C+and+Executive+Chef+Ross+Petrozz+expresses+excitement+over+bringing+in+new+foods+and+focusing+on+Ramen+Bowls+original+dishes.++I+am+most+excited+to+work+on+the+original+menu%2C+go+back+to+our+classics+and+bring+in+new+food+that+is+on+par+with+it.+I+feel+like+the+sky+is+the+limit+with+this+kitchen%2C+Petrozz+said.+
Nathan Friedman
With a bigger location comes a bigger kitchen, and Executive Chef Ross Petrozz expresses excitement over bringing in new foods and focusing on Ramen Bowls original dishes. ” I am most excited to work on the original menu, go back to our classics and bring in new food that is on par with it. I feel like the sky is the limit with this kitchen,” Petrozz said.

Ramen Bowls is a popular Lawrence restaurant, bringing in many people every week. They recently closed their doors on Mass St. and on Feb. 29 reopened its doors at a new location about twice as big. 

This new location is opening up new horizons for the local business. At its new address, 900 New Hampshire St., senior Mallory Qualseth works at Ramen Bowls and has witnessed a noticeable increase in the number of customers since the new opening because of the size of the restaurant. 

“The new location is drawing in a lot more people. It’s just so much nicer,” Qualseth said.

Aside from the visual changes that customers are experiencing, staff members have been having some struggles adjusting to a bigger, full service restaurant.

“A lot of the servers have never done full service before so they’re getting used to that because you have to pay more attention to the individual tables then we did at the last location,” Qualseth said. 

With lots more tables and even a new bar comes lots more work and customers. Ramen Bowls recently hired Sophomore Isaac Mosier to clean tables and said that this job is different from any other he’s had.

“I learned more about how a restaurant works and how local businesses do their thing,” Mosier said. “I know a lot more about how a tight community can really affect their customers.”

According to both Qualseth and Mosier, Ramen Bowls has a very healthy work environment. Along with fair pay, they form tight bonds with coworkers.

“They actually care about the workers at this place, which is different from a lot of other restaurants,” Qualseth said.