Jake’s March Madness Blog

Selection Sunday is coming up and the tension of whos getting a one seed is mounting. This is the last chance for a low ranked team to show their true colors, because this sunday the dice are cast and its up to the 1 seeds to live up to their name. Of course no one knows what the four 1 seeds will be but my guess is as good as anyones.

1. Duke. Coach K has really done it this year. He’s put together a squad that can put the shakes in just about every team in the country. Their record stands at 27-4 but all but one of their losses have come to unranked opponents. Now this might strike you as a bad thing because it shows Duke’s weakness to lesser opponents, but I see it differently. Although it shows that Duke can be beaten even by the smallest of opponents, with a closer of inspection of their schedule, one will see that they’ve been beaten four top five teams over the course of their rigorous season. This is a significant accomplishment and I would keep an eye out for the Blue Devils, they’re the real deal.

1. Gonzaga. The Bulldogs ended the season in style, finishing up on a 14 game win streak. Despite their stellar record, I’m gonna have to burst your bubble now. Gonzaga is not that good. I’ve been saying it and I’ll keep saying it: Gonzaga will not survive the Sweet Sixteen. Period.

1. Indiana. Despite a recent lost to Ohio State, Indiana will hold on to the one seed. It will be close but I do think the Hoosiers will snag that 1 seed.

1. Kansas. I don’t care what about that loss to Baylor KU will get it. KU is going to win the Big 12 tournament with a victory over Oklahoma State and they will barely get the one seed.