Archived photo from Chloe Cook
SPORTS: Draft Day
By the office, students can see the attendance leaderboard hanging on the wall. As the school year comes to an end there has been a decrease in seniors attending their classes.
NEWS: Senior Slump
The NBAs viewership has declined almost 45 percent since the early 2010s.
NEWS: Decline in Viewership
Album covers from releases in March.
REVIEW: March Music Mania
PHOTO GALLERY: Prom 2024
PHOTO GALLERY: Prom 2024

Jessica Babler

Jessica+Babler

For junior Jessica Babler, being involved is an understatement. From her 0-7 schedule to her three sports, to her NHS membership, one might say she constantly remains busy.

“I’m a mess. I’m always doing something after school,” explained Babler.

However the best part of Babler isn’t that she’s involved, but the attitude she brings with her to her extracurriculars. She loves the camaraderie that activities bring. She keeps a positive attitude through all challenges, and enjoys making people happy.

“If you’re not involved then you’re just sitting back and wasting your time,” Babler said.

A true people-person, Babler is able to connect with a variety of personalities because of her impressive listening abilities. She’s always willing to lend her ear to whoever needs to talk.

“Even if you don’t like someone 100%, you still have to give them the respect of listening to them and understanding what they have to say,” Babler said.

Babler hopes her upbeat attitude has effected Free State for the better, and wants to leave a positive mark when she leaves here.

“I just want to be somebody that people remember and say that she always had a good attitude and was always willing to help,” says Babler.

Overall she feels everyone should be involved because life is short, and is willing to go the extra mile to help people get there.

“You only get to live your high school career once so you might as well make the best of it,” Babler said.