Do you want to go to Prom?

For many girls Prom is usually referred to as “the most important night in a girls life,” so it definitely sets a standard on guys to ask out their dates in a spectacular way.

“It’s really fun setting up everything but it also shows our [prom dates] how much it would mean to go with us and then it also makes these girls feel more special and wanted instead of just having a date like most people,” senior Felix Sommerville said. Sebi Schoneich and Alex Kong agreed to this statement.

Sommerville decided to conjure a plan to ask out his date, senior Kelcy Bowers, in a unique way. His idea was to do something completely out of the ordinary, and instead of just asking her he decided to fill her entire bedroom with Swedish Fish and leave a rubber duck on her bed that questioned, “Where would I swim?” This then led Bowers into her bathroom where she found Sommerville in her bathtub with a rose in his mouth and holding a sign that said, “Now I’ve been swimming around for a while and even though sea food isn’t my style, this is one fish dish I couldn’t miss, and going to Prom with you is my one wish.”
Schoneich decided to ask his prom date, senior Annie Libeer, in a one-of-a-kind way. While Libeer was out of town, he decided to spell the word “Prom” in Christmas lights on her front lawn. While waiting for her to come back from out of town Schoneich found out that Libeer would be returning later than expected so he left his helmet in front of the message and went home. Then, when Libeer got back from her trip she saw the question and decided to rearrange the lights to spell “Yes” and took a picture of it, then sent it to Schoneich.
Kong decided to ask out his date, junior Adelle Loney, in an out of the ordinary way. Kong decided to ask Adelle by sending her on a scavenger hunt. With the help of senior Elise Loney, Kong made sure that Loney would be out of her house for a couple of hours so that he could set up his big surprise.

Kong wrote a big note on her driveway that said, “What are you doing for prom?” Then at the very bottom it said, “Look for the big blue egg.” When Loney found the egg she opened it and it said, “Will you go to the prom with me? -Alex.” It also said “If you are still interested go inside.” Loney then went to her front door where it said, “Go to your dining room table,” and there was a big dog bone on it that said, “Throw me a bone I’m trying hard here.”

The bone then led her downstairs where she found a box of nerds and balloons surrounding the room. A note beside it told her to go into her bedroom where Kong made a pre-Prom survey that had goofy questions on it which told her to return back upstairs to the kitchen where Kong had baked her a cake that said “Prom” on it.

Loney then found a CD next to the cake that was labeled “Adelle, will you go to the prom with me, say ‘yes’ or this will be my soundtrack.” There were songs on it such as “One,” and “All by Myself,” and the computer she put the disk into said, “Go to your deck.” When Loney went back to the deck she saw a pinata that she had to whack so that she could get the next message. The message then said, “Go under your deck,” where Kong was waiting with a rose.

Whether it’s asking your Prom date in an extravagant way or just plain asking, being asked is a gift, and for many seniors this will be the last time they get the chance to spend time with their fellow classmates.